I have been noticing and having the consistent factors in my life pointed out to me lately:
- I am a broken person, still in the process of being healed and restored. My choices and motivations reflect my continued struggles, and how necessary it is to submit my will continually to my God.
- Grace. Mercy. They truly are the theme of my life and my song. Where would I be without these gifts from God? In a whole heap o' mess, that's where.
- God has established me as a consistent factor in this family right now, in the midst of shifting work and school schedules for the parents. With that comes a rather weighty feeling, but also the comfort that God has a purpose and the resources for me to walk in His will here.
- Going through a study on the book of Esther. It has been a practical, insightful, convicting experience that has again and again been the medium for God speaking, correcting, and loving me.
And now, I don't know if anyone here will be able to understand or recognize these songs. I can only provide a rough translation of one or two lines. But just thought I'd share what has been near to my heart lately:
Du allein kennst meine Gedanken,
du weißt wie ich fühle,
du siehst meine Schranken und Ziele,
du weißt was mir dann und wann fehlt.
Du allein siehst Zweifel und Sorgen,
die Fragen auf Morgen,
du kennst meinen Weg und du weißt wie ich lebe,
bist Tag und Nacht da.
Refrain:
Du bist bei mir auch wenn ich dich heute nicht spüre,bist bei mir auch wenn ich mich in meinen Sorgen verliere.
Du bist bei mir,
Du bist bei mir auch wenn ich dich heute nicht spüre,bist bei mir auch wenn ich mich in meinen Sorgen verliere.
Du bist bei mir,
ich dank dir dafür.
Du allein kennst Wünsche und Träume,
Du weißt was ich meine,
Doch nur du allein kennst den richtigen Weg,
Du denkst größer als ich.
Du allein liebst mich immer weiter,
auch wenn ich dich oft nicht verstehe
du weißt dass ich vieles falsch sehe,
doch du lässt mich nie los.
(The first line of the refrain means: You are with me even if I don't feel you today, you are with me when I am lost in my worry/fear).
Herr, wohin sonst sollten wir gehen?
Wo auf der Welt fänden wir Glück?
Niemand, kein Mensch kann uns so viel geben wie Du.
Du führst uns zum Leben zurück
Nur Du, nur Du schenkst uns Lebensglück
Aus Deinem Mund höre ich das schönste Liebeslied
An Deinem Ohr darf ich sagen, was die Seele fühlt
An Deiner Hand kann ich fallen und Du hältst mich fest
An Deinem Tisch wird mein Hunger gestillt.
(The last two lines: In your hand I can fall and You will hold me tight; at your table my hunger is satisfied.)
No comments:
Post a Comment